In no particular order:
Saturday, April 09, 2011 :::
- If Switzerland supports terrorism, I did my taxes wrong.
- Is it my imagination, or has over-the-top political rhetoric (and even threats) become more common since the "call for civility" that followed (temporally, not logically) the Giffords shooting?
- My hometown made the news!
- The Des Moines Register has a tool you can use to create your own Iowa Congressional District map. I don't think this meets the requirements for compactness, but my favorite that I've created has two urban/suburban districts - and "urban east" district (including Dubuque, Cedar Rapids, Iowa City, Davenport, and Muscatine) and a Des Moines area district - and splits the rest of the state on, roughly, I-35.
- This health-insurance reform proposal, meant as a centrist compromise, looks pretty good to me. The best thing I've read about Paul Ryan's latest proposal is the proposal to introduce competition into the Medicare program (though it looks worse than his earlier proposals), which this includes.
Speaking of which, Paul Ryan argues for his proposal here.
::: posted by Steven at 10:27 PM