|
|
|
|
|
Jens 'n' Frens
Idle thoughts of a relatively libertarian Republican in Cambridge, MA, and whomever he invites. Mostly political.
"A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures." -- Daniel Webster
|
|
|
|
|
Wednesday, September 29, 2010 :::
People periodically call on non-violent Muslims to repudiate terrorism committed in the name of Islam. I may have publicly welcomed such a gesture myself; I know I have privately. When there is such a gesture, it seems to me to be worth highlighting.
I don't know how important this group is, but I hope they have some influence in shaping how Islam is perceived, especially by those within the Muslim community, but also by those without.
I know this isn't the first time any Muslims have released such a statement, by the way, but it still seems worth calling more attention to this.Labels: Islam
::: posted by Steven at 10:20 AM
|
|
|
|