I didn't see the contested goal, but my jingoist chauvinism assures me that we was robbed.
Friday, June 18, 2010 :::
England v Algeria is underway. The US plays Algeria next Wednesday. Supposing England wins, if the US loses to or ties Algeria, we're out; if the US beats Algeria by more than one goal, we're in; if the US beats Algeria by one goal and England and Slovenia do not tie, we're in. If the US beats Algeria by one goal and England and Slovenia do tie, it's a bit of a mess; I'll update this entry after the England/Algeria game.
Update: England and Algeria tie, 0-0.
- If the US loses next Wednesday, we're out.
- If the US wins, we're in.
- If the US ties,
- If England wins, the US is out.
- If Slovenia wins, the US is in.
- If both matches are ties,
- If England scores less than 2 more goals (on Wednesday) than the US does, the US is in.
- If England scores more than 2 more goals than the US does, the US is out.
- If England scores 2 more goals than the US does, then FIFA draws lots.
The only way in which the US can win the group is if the US and England both win, and the US does so by a wider margin or scores no more than 2 fewer goals than England in winning by the same margin.
::: posted by dWj at 2:32 PM