|
|
|
|
|
Jens 'n' Frens
Idle thoughts of a relatively libertarian Republican in Cambridge, MA, and whomever he invites. Mostly political.
"A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures." -- Daniel Webster
|
|
|
|
|
Tuesday, September 08, 2009 :::
I've been a bit torn by the controversy over the President's speech to schoolchildren. On the one hand, it seems a little overblown, but some of the materials the Department of Education originally put out for it seemed a little disconcerting. It was a good idea to release the prepared remarks yesterday before delivering them today; I would assume a lot of the controversy should be resolved by that. As Byron York points out, the speech itself, like President Bush's 18 years ago, is pretty unremarkable; based on the clips I've read, I approve wholeheartedly.Labels: education
::: posted by Steven at 12:40 PM
|
|
|
|