Jens 'n' Frens
Idle thoughts of a relatively libertarian Republican in Cambridge, MA, and whomever he invites. Mostly political.
"A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures." -- Daniel Webster
Thursday, August 20, 2009 :::
In case you don't already know better than to take MSNBC seriously: the other day they made a baseless suggestion that protesters were white people motivated by racism toward the president when one of them was black.
To be fair, I don't think they necessarily edited the clip deliberately to obscure the protester's race, I don't think the commentator necessarily knew one of them was black, and her suggestion that racism was a key motive was issued in a manner more befitting a pure uneducated guess than similar baseless assertions made by Janeane Garofalo and — I seem to remember but don't have a link for — Paul Krugman.